Mandy graduated law school from the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) and earned her undergraduate B.S. degree in Accounting from Springhill College in Mobile, Alabama. She began the practice of law in 2003 in Jackson, MS where her practice consisted mostly of insurance defense litigation and various creditor bankruptcy matters. In 2006, she moved to Mobile, where her practice has focused primarily in the area of general civil litigation matters. In March 2015, Mandy opened her own law firm in downtown Mobile.
Her firm’s practice focus remains in general civil litigation where most of the cases handled involve business, contract, construction and insurance claim matters. Her firm also handles matters dealing with creditor’s rights, personal injury, landlord/tenant issues and probate matters. However, a large part of Mandy’s practice is now focused on serving as outside general counsel for small businesses that cannot justify the expense of in-house legal counsel. Mandy also serves as a Guardian ad Litem in various matters and has experience with handling multi-district litigation matters as the result of her involvement with defective Chinese drywall claims over the last five years.
In her more than 12 years of trial experience, Mandy has received favorable jury and non-jury verdicts for her clients in both state and federal courts located in Mississippi and Alabama. Recently, her clients in these trials have consisted of business owners, homeowners, contractors, subcontractors, homeowners’/condominium associations and personally injured individuals. Early resolution for a client is always Mandy’s number one goal in handling a matter for her clients. Therefore, she often participates in mediations and arbitrations in an effort to resolve matters quickly and in the most affordable manner possible while achieving a favorable outcome for her clients.
- J.D., University Of Mississippi School Of Law, 2003
- B.S./Accounting, Springhill College, 1999
Jurisdictions and Courts Admitted to Practice:
- Alabama, 2006
- Mississippi, 2003
- United States District Courts, Southern and Middle District of AL
- United States District Courts, Southern and Northern District of MS
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of AL
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association Women Lawyers, Member and Officer
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Faculty Member
National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s 2015 Next Generation Faculty Development Program Recipient
- Women’s Business Center of South Alabama, Inc. – Advisory Board Member
- March of Dimes – Annual Chefs’ Auction Fundraiser Committee Member
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Daphne, AL